Friday, February 10, 2012

Yearversary @ Dave's Bistro Bar Grill

" Anniversary: A time to celebrate the beauty, gift, and the blessing of enduring love. "

Time passes really quickly and within a blink of an eye, it has been a year for both of us. Unlike any other couples, we don't really have our honeymoon period for the first few months, but the first few months were rather the adjustment period where we had many conflicts and didn't agree eye to eye on many subjects! 

Luckily for me, he's now as sweet as chocolate ice cream with hot fudge and I do have a big sweet tooth! Lol.

For our 1 year anniversary, we decided to go to Dave's Bistro Bar Grill as I bought a Hahah voucher back then and it's expiring real soon. I have been saving the voucher and also a dress *wink* for this particular day so no last minute thing! 

The dress was nothing special but I like it! Love the bag as I had been searching for reasonable priced bags for quite some time! Both the dress and the bag were bought in Times Square so if you are a smart shopper, you still can get cheap but nice stuff in TS! 

As for the Hahah voucher, it's stated that RM15 for RM30 worth of Cash Voucher and we can buy unlimited vouchers per dine in. I bought 3 vouchers meaning I am able to spend RM90 worth of food but I am only paying for RM45! How cool is that! Regret that I did not buy more but budget constraint at that time!

Nice environment of Dave's and I like the concept of the open kitchen where we can actually see the chefs preparing our food. 

Sharing a glass of Apple Juice~

Dave's Signature Baby Pork Ribs   Half Slab - RM 48.0
- Basted with the signature BBQ sauce. Served with vegetables and mash. 

Just look at this yummy pork ribs! I really don't know whether it's a good or bad thing that I have developed a love for pork, but I can't turn back now! I don't really like the mash though as it's overly buttery.
But the pork ribs, seriously, are soft and tender and with the sauce, it's ever so divine! Even Daryl can't stop thinking about the pork ribs till now! Half Slab which is about 4-5 ribs seemed to be even too much for me but good for Daryl as he lapped it all up! 

Pan Fried Australian Barramundi with Red Wine and Lemon Oil Sauce  RM 50

This is not on the menu but as one of their Specials of the Day. As I don't really eat fish but I do think that the fish is remarkably fresh. Although I expect the sauce will be sort of bitter due to the red wine, but it's quite nice with a sweet lingering taste. See the two cute tomatoes at the side? It's creatively done with I supposed, minced meat in it and it tasted really nice! We waited quite awhile for this dish and when it arrived, we can totally see the reason for the long wait as it's beautifully carved and de-boned! 

Me and Daryl~
I look so tired as I went out for the whole day with AJ and Gege but I can't possibly miss my own anniversary dinner!

A little dessert (Struck by Cupid & Peanut Butter Chocolate - RM7.95) from Baskin Robbins as it's pink Wednesday! 

Overall, the food in Dave's Bistro Bar Grill is awesome and deserved a five star ratings! However, the customer service on the other hand can certainly be improved. Before we start our meal, there's this one waitress who asked the couple next to us how's their food and we were admiring their customer service. However, it seemed that it only applied to that particular table (probably VIP?) as none of the other tables have the same treatment! They also took a really long time in producing the bill, probably because we were using the vouchers and there's only one PIC who knows how to key in the discount. Lastly but sadly, when we were going out of the restaurant, nobody paid us any attention (the restaurant weren't busy as only a few tables were left) and there's not even a simple 'Thank you'! 

But still, a thumbs-up to the delicious food and nice environment!

Looking forward to a memorable Valentine's Day~

*08022011 - 08022012*  <3



No comments:

Post a Comment