Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Hungry Hog: Me?

Once I realized that pork burger is my new found love, I am always on the lookout in finding a perfectly delicious pork burger though the burger in Cafe Kalamazoo seems perfect enough for me! Daryl found a place in Subang called The Hungry Hog which seemed to have pretty good reviews by some of the bloggers. The name itself makes me feel bonded to the restaurant as I was hungry and to be honest, I am such a pig! Lol. So after much considerations over rumbling stomachs, we decided to check out the place!

We thought we would call ahead and reserve a table first, just in case it's full. However since it's a weekday, so there are not many customers! 

The reserved piggy is so cute!!!

Though the restaurant is small but it's quite cozy, and I like it that they kept it simple with minimal deco. Not to mentioned that you can always spot some piggies around the shop!


Sharing a glass of Lemonade~

Keropork - RM5.90
Yeap, it is creatively named as Keropork and it's crispy and puffy fried pork skin! I have never tried this before and since the price is reasonable so we decided to give it a try. It's lightly salted and we are given a small bowl of vinegar to eat it with. I am not sure what's the vinegar for but I guess it's neutralize the oiliness? It was really quite nice but the portion is so big! Though it's not something that you should be complaining about, but it will be really worth it for Keropork-lovers!

 Three Little Pigs - RM15.90
I guessed I am the big bad wolf since I gonna devour the 3 Little Pigs! This is The Hungry Hog's signature burger with bacon and ham, caramelized onions and melted cheese. As for me, I asked to change the cheese into bacon, and luckily they gave permission for this strange request! What does 3 Little Pigs taste like, you may wonder? Well, I can tell you that it tastes absolutely delicious! The extra bacon strips and caramelized onions makes it even more heavenly! If to compare to the pork burger in Cafe Kalamazoo, I find that the pork patty is not juicy enough but other than that, it's awesome!

Bangers and Mash - RM15.90
Daryl ordered the B&M which is homemade sausages with onion gravy and mash potatoes. The sausages are really enormous and to think that I was worried that Daryl won't be full! I don't really like the sausages though as it has a strong, prominent pork taste but I love the mash potatoes! It was actually quite funny as Daryl don't really fancy it as it's not creamy and buttery enough, but as for me, those reasons make it parfaite! I like it that they actually put in mini tomatoes in the midst of the lettuce, as most of the restaurants would rather make more profit. 

If you are looking for affordable and yummylicious pork burger, I think you got it right here! I can't wait to go back to The Hungry Hog again! Hmmm, probably it's time to pay them a visit!


Sorry, little piggies!


Details: 
The Hungry Hog
71, Jalan SS15/4C,
47500 Subang Jaya, 
Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel No: 012-2250877
Email: thehungryhog@gmail.com
Business Hours: 12.00 to 2.30pm, 6.00 to 10.00pm (closed on Mondays)

No comments:

Post a Comment