Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lips as Red as Blood

Red lips? First thing that popped into my mind is Snow White!


Who doesn't wish to have fair skin with lovely red lips! I always thought that red lips are only suitable for fair skin, but apparently Asian skins can go well with it as long as its the right shade. Red lips worked really well for black tie events especially with a black dress, you just attract people's attention with the crimson lips! Well, to be honest, I still do not dare to try it until I had to worked for an event where we are required to have blood red lips! So I guessed its a chance for me to see whether I could pull off a sexy red pout!


What do you guys think? (Do pardon my messy hair!)


Vampire-ish?




Me and Jess <3


Kinda scary right? I felt like so evil~


Apparently there's some tips and tricks to make sure that you have the perfect red lips. I hope that I had learnt all this before apply red lipstick for that night, because it sure is a disaster for me!


1) Find the right shade
Honestly, after researching on this I still don't really quite get it. So it would be best that if you can go to the counter to ask and better yet, to try it on to see whether the colors suit you. From what I have gathered:


Fair skin: Classic shade of red, avoid any hint of pink


Medium skin: Darker shade of red, maybe with some hint of pink


Dark skin: Red with orange tint


* If possible, try your red lipstick under natural sunlight, as the light in the stores are deceiving! We always look nicer in the store, but once we bought it home we find that it doesn't look the same!


* Pink shades of red will make you teeth look whiter.


* If you have yellow teeth, don't use red with orange tints, but use blue-red tones instead.


2) Moist lips
 This is the most crucial part of applying red lipsticks and my main disaster of my red-lips-night! My lips are chapped and flaking so it looks more scary than sexy! So before you apply anything, gentle exfoliate with a soft-bristled toothbrush with warm water. Then apply a thick layer of lip balm (Preferably Vaseline) for about 5 minutes then wipe it off. A make up artist told me that if I put lipstick over lip balm, the lipstick will wear off very fast.


3) Lip Liners
Find a lip liner which matches the colour of your lipstick as closely as possible, and colour it in. This is so that your lipstick won't bleed and it retains the colour longer.


* You can use lip foundation/concealer as a primer too. I have seen some lip foundation that can make your lips look plumper (Benefit Lip Plump) or to make way for clear lipstick shades (Kiss Me Heavy Rotation


4) Apply lipstick with a brush
Unless you are an expert in this, it's better to use a lip brush so that you have perfect contour and shape.


*Put a tissue between your lips to dab away the excess, then you can reapply for maximum color.


5) Gloss it up
You are basically done, unless you want to add some gloss to your lips!
* Matte lips: Classic, less messier, stay longer
*Glossy lips: Plumper, dramatic effect, look nicer in photos


If you worry that getting a red lipstick is a big step for you, you can start with lip stain first! That's what I am gonna do as well!


Looking amazing with red lipstick!








Now everyone can have lips like Snow White, sexy kissable lips!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment