Saturday, May 12, 2012

Uncle Jang's Spicy Dak Galbi

To be honest, ever since I went to Korea for a week, I am extremely sick of Korean food especially Kimchi, even though it has been a few years back! So when my colleagues suggested that we go for Korean food for a farewell session, I was really dreading it. But it turns out to be really nice, but I am not very sure whether it's because I was so super hungry that day!

The main highlight for Uncle Jang Korean's Restaurant is their Dak Galbi, which is made by stir frying marinated chicken cutlet in Korean chili paste sauce, sliced cabbages, sweet potatoes, scallions, onions and rice cake on a hot plate! There are 2 types of Dak Galbi in their menu which is normal (RM19) and hot spicy (RM22) and according to my colleagues, we should just order the normal Dak Galbi as it is spicy enough! As I can't really eat spicy food (Epic failed Malaysian), so no objection from me!

This is how it looks like before we mix it. 

There are also the complimentary supply of side dishes. I am quite a fan of soups, so the first thing I tried is the white radish (i think) soup and I got a shock when I realized that it was cold! Later I found out the soup is to curb the spiciness.

Group photo of the SK marketing department : Sharyn, Susan, Dede, me and Yeo. But Sharyn and Dede has left us! >.<

Chris looking at the guy dolefully~

Me trying to look like I am cooking..lol..
Oh ya..they also provide us an apron so that we don't make a mess of ourselves! Look kinda awkward in it.

Here's Yeo, trying to look sophisticated. LOL. It would be so boring in the office without her! 

Aww..they make such a sweet couple! Btw, that's JJ's boss, KC and no, they are not a couple!

Me and KC

Me and Chris! Rumored couple of the night..lol

Enough of the photos and let us start digging in!

It just look so appetizing isn't it? And it's really nice and thank god we didn't order the extra spicy because even the normal ones are slightly spicy for me! But it really taste nice especially after you eat it with lettuce!

Overall, I think this place is great except that they really need to work on the ventilation! A few tables next to us are cooking up the extra spicy Dak Galbi and the spicy smell was so overwhelming that I kept coughing! In case you guys don't know how Uncle Jang looks like, here's a picture for you!


If you are hyped to go there now, check out their outlets:

Uncle Jang Korean Restaurant (Ampang)
D7, Jalan Excella III, Excella III,
Off Jalan Ampang Putra,
Taman Ampang Hilir,
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-8051 2208

Uncle Jang Korean Restaurant (Puchong)

No 1-1, Jalan Puteri 1/7,
Bandar Puteri Puchong,
47100 Selangor.
Tel: 03-6211 2536

Uncle Jang Korean Restaurant (Solaris)
No 11-3 & 13-3, Jalan Solaris 1,
Mont Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: 03-6211 2536

Opening hours:
Monday 1200 - 1500; 1800 - 2300
Tuesday: 1800 - 2300
Wed - Fri: 1200 - 1500
Sat - Sun: 1200 - 2300

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/unclejang

No comments:

Post a Comment