It's time for a break! So I am really glad when the guys decided to buy a Morib Resort holiday retreat for 3 days 2 nights. Well, so I thought until I start digging up all the reviews about this Morib Resort and it seemed like it's all bad!
My nightmares started when I can't seemed to book any rooms on the weekends. The reason we bought 3 days 2 nights is due to the terms and conditions stating that we can only go on weekends if purchase 2 vouchers as in a 2 nights stay. Imagine my frustration when the receptionist told me that it's fully booked for weekends until September! Since weekends is a no-go, we have to change it to weekdays instead. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, AJ, Ray, Jason can't join us during weekdays so another let down! Since Gege had to go Indonesia real soon, we had no choice but to go on ourselves. So in the end, it's the 6 of us: John, Gege, Keith, Cyii, Daryl and me!
Trying to keep a neutral feeling about this trip, we arrived after a few miss turns. The service at the receptionist counters is really quite slow, it took them about half an hour before our turn. You can actually see that everyone is holding the printed voucher, which I then found out that almost all the group buying sites are selling this deal!
Finally when everything's done, we finally get to start searching for our rooms! Some snapshots of the so called studio suite, where the pictures really seemed to be nicer and I don't see our beds come with drapes! But the room is really spacious and there's the promising jacuzzi (which I didn't even use in the end). Overall there are no complaints of the room except that our phone is faulty so we basically can't call out to the others. Oh ya, one thing I am really frustrated is that there's no Digi line in the lobby and there's no EDGE or 3G in the room! I know I am supposed to relax these few days but it really agitates me that I can't check my mail!
Note: This is actually our life savior because most of our free time is just sit back and watch some shows. We are actually hooked on a Singaporean police series and a Thai love series! Lol.
Basically there's nothing much to do over there. We went exploring the area, and it took us about half an hour to finish touring the area. It's sad that the sea is so low tide so basically you can't really dip your feet or play with the water and so it's basically a long stretch of sand.
The only activity: John and Gege went for the ATV for RM30 per person for 20 minutes.
The 3 guys looking at their feet for no reason 0.0
<3
Our free buffet dinner! There's lots of flies at the dining area so be prepared! The food is just average though some are still quite enjoyable. Remember to get few cups of orange juices before it went out! They will refill the food quite often even if it's not of different variety.
Tips: Do remember to pack some snacks as the convenient stores charged really high for the snacks and mee cup! Remember to bring sufficient water as well coz there's no water refill machine!
Tips: Do remember to pack some snacks as the convenient stores charged really high for the snacks and mee cup! Remember to bring sufficient water as well coz there's no water refill machine!
Our self made drink! Lol.
We went down to The Pier where they have live bands at night while you enjoy the night. This place totally made up my holiday as the music is really nice and it is a really nice place to hang out next to sea. (Minus the smell from the rubbish in the sea!)
The next day we went for the water themepark, as it is included in our deal. They gave us the wristband and told us we had to wear it for 3 days 2 nights without taking it off if we were to enter again, which I found really ridiculous!
Some water park dress code for your reference.
Some water park dress code for your reference.
As it's not a norm to wear bikini over there, my bikini once again went to waste>.< There are even inconsiderate people wearing jeans to go into the water, but the coast guards didn't do anything about it! I was planning to wear this to go down to the themepark but I still feel it's too sexy so I had to change it! :(
Err..Keith?
Since Gege can't go down to the water, so I accompany her and we start snapping pictures of ourselves! Lol.
My new CK glasses from Jessica! Muaxx!
The guys tossing Cyii around. I actually recorded the whole thing down so that I don't miss any shots! Lol.
After that we went for a massage located at the top floor of the resort. The massage is surprisingly cheap but do be careful that though they stated there RM48, you still required to pay RM10 if you want to use oil for the massage. Daryl and I felt really nice after massage but John and Cyii said that it's too painful! Lol. I think the masseurs are from China so it's best that you could speak to them in Chinese!
The entrance to the massage parlour.
Me getting ready to get pampered! <3
Overall, it's not that bad after lowering my expectations to the bare minimum. I did relax for the 3 days 2 nights so this holiday is still passable. But I really don't recommend anyone to purchase the deal unless all you want is to just chill out. If you are looking for fun activities or even sun tan in a bikini, you can really forget about this.
Can't wait for my next retreat!
No comments:
Post a Comment