Wondering on how to pronounce the name? Is it a -vee or a five? After some research, the answer has been revealed! It's pronounced as Rama-5!
Being tight on budget, this isn't really the kind of place that I should be going but since the gang wanted to go, how can I missed out the fun! What attract us was the lunch buffet promotion @ RM68.90++ (which totals up to about RM80) per pax, it's fine thai cuisine and did I mentioned it was an all you can order buffet?!
I drove back early from The Curve back to Subang since my dear don't want to come fetch me *emo*!
Started to glam myself up and lucky I did as AJ and Gege were all dressed up!
The exterior of Rama V - looking thai-authentic!
Table settings
Everyone was thinking what to order as they only allow us to order few dishes at a time so that there's no food wastage! But it's really hard to decide since we really wanna try every single thing on the menu!
Fruit punch - I asked the waiter what is the ingredient in this fruit punch and he gave me a long list of fruits which I can't even remember!
To all the wine and beer lovers, this is the buffet designed specially for you! With the lunch promotion price, it actually comes with free flow of Tiger beer and red/white wine! So probably you will be drunk by the end of the buffet session!
As the waiting time was quite awhile, everyone was complaining to be extremely hungry! Can even hear an orchestra of grumbling stomach, so I didn't had the chance to take pictures of every dishes. Everyone were digging in to anything in front of them before I can even snap any pictures!
Yam Ma Meung
- spicy mango salad with cashew nuts
- spicy mango salad with cashew nuts
Love this dish and particularly love cashew nuts!
Kao Thang Na Tang
- crispy rice served with minced chicken and shrimp sauce
Chor Ladda
- Flower shaped dumpling stuffed with minced chicken and peanut
This is a must order and definitely a chef recommendation!
Kai Hor Ban Toey
- fried chicken in pandan leaves
- fried chicken in pandan leaves
Kao Ob Sub Pa Rod
-fried pineapple rice with shrimp coral and pineapple
-fried pineapple rice with shrimp coral and pineapple
Kai Pad Met Ma Meung
- fried chicken with cashew nut and dried chilli
Actually I am not very sure of this dish's name..lol
- fried chicken with cashew nut and dried chilli
Actually I am not very sure of this dish's name..lol
Pumpkin Custard
- This seemed to be the chef recommended dish but I really am not a fan of this.
- This seemed to be the chef recommended dish but I really am not a fan of this.
Chendol, Taro & Stick Rice in Coconut Milk
- It tasted something like the chendol in SS15 where they put in the sticky rice as well. lol
- It tasted something like the chendol in SS15 where they put in the sticky rice as well. lol
Last but not least, my favorite!
Water Chestnut Dumpling with Jackfruit in Coconut Milk
If I wasn't too full, I think I can eat at least 3 bowls of this!
Water Chestnut Dumpling with Jackfruit in Coconut Milk
If I wasn't too full, I think I can eat at least 3 bowls of this!
Here are some extras:
Sorry that I didn't get to take a lot of pictures but do make sure you try ALL of the curries no matter what the colour is! It's really really nice which explains why I didn't get any photos of them since everyone was fighting for it! Don't bother ordering the vegetables section unless you are really into vegetarian. We order 3 plates of vegetables and ended up no one touching them. Guess we are all hard core carnivores. Lol. For those who are allergic to peanuts, you can basically forgo this place as 90% of the dishes contain peanuts! Don't be greedy and order 2 dish at a time as the portion is really big so it's best if you can go with a big group of friends or family. Another bonus point is that their food is not too spicy and I don't end up drinking few litres of water every time i visit a thai food restaurant!
It;'s nice that they do it in a ordering style so that the food are not ready made and left there to be picked. It's still warm and fresh so it's definitely a plus point! Oh ya, they also provide chalet for private dining in the midst of a garden, so if you want to bring your date for a romantic dinner, this is definitely the place! They also cater to a lot of corporate dinner and function.
Will update even more food reviews! Yum!
Rama V Fine Thai Cuisine
5, Jalan U-Thant, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03- 2143 2663
5, Jalan U-Thant, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03- 2143 2663
Opening hours: 12pm - 3pm, 6.30pm - 11pm
No comments:
Post a Comment