Friday, November 4, 2011

The Apartment @ The Curve: Want an apartment like this?

Thanks to Kelvin (or Fly FM), me and Daryl got movie passes to watch In Time in e@curve! Although I am not exactly been looking forward to watch this movie, but both the leads are hot and the story line do seem interesting, so why not?

We were stuck in the traffic jam (typical!) and took us around 1 hour and more just to reach there! We were searching for food along The Street at Curve and we decided to try something new this time. Usually if we go the Curve, we would usually eat in e@curve and simply choose a restaurant to eat! In the end we chose The Apartment and I admit, it's the name and the interior design that attracts me!

Like their saying, 'we want to take you home', you are to experience a cozy but elegant feeling in the restaurant! They even have bathroom decorations, living room decorations (was rushing so didn't manage to get any photos>.<) and etc.
       

 
If you see closely, right at the end there is the bathroom decor!


 Bar : Though I have no idea what are those bottles of wine are called, but they do offer a wide variety of alcoholic beverages.

 Romantic? Makes me think of a special event looking at the candles...




My main course which is Potato Fried Chicken.
- boneless chicken coated with shredded potatoes, deep fried, & served with sun-dried tomato sauce and watercress- (RM26.90)
It tasted quite good and what makes it so special is that the chicken is that it's coated with potatoes and love the sauce! One thing which is missing is the sides and the portion are quite small. Even though I eat very little, I don't even feel full after this!
Oh ya, in case you are wondering why my chair is empty, it's because Kelv told us that the movie is 9pm and I thought that there won't be enough time for us to finish dinner and redeem the ticket! When I reached the ticketing counter, I am actually the first one to redeem =.= as the movie starts at 9.30pm!
 
Daryl's Lemon Sole.
-Pan fried lemon sole fillet with chili and black olive served with thyme and mash potato- (RM28.90)
Again, Daryl said that he chose the wrong dish because there might have been nicer food that The apartment can offer! The fillet is not that bad but then on his first few bites, there's actually still some fish bones in the fillet which proves to be disappointing for a restaurant like this.
Poor daryl, this dish is like starters to him as the 2 pieces of fillet is really small!

 
Our drinks! Passion fruit cooler and mango juice. The juices here are quite expensive (RM12.50) compared to the size of it! 


Alas,  we couldn't resist to order dessert since both of us are not even full!
 This is Apple and Pear Crumble served with vanilla ice cream! (RM12.90)
It's really nice and taste really good with the ice cream! But it takes a really long time for them to serve (we initially thought that they will just cut out a slice or something) and we are late for our movie! Luckily for us, JJ and Kelvin saved a couple seat for us!
Special guest appearance: Shanker and his girlfriend, Eliza!


Overall, I think it's still worth to try it if you have the money to spend but do be prepared of the small portion!
I think I am gonna start posting cheap but really nice food that you guys gotta try!
Stay tune for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment