Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pork-fection Birthday @ Chicago Rib House

I am finally free to update on my birthday dinner! 


Well, as you all know, it's my sweet sixteen! Nah, just joking since I don't want to face the fact that I am 23 this year! Even though that I get excited when my birthday is near, but I still feel sad that I am getting older each year!

This year Daryl took me to Chicago Rib House for my birthday dinner! Sometimes I felt that he's really pity to have such a fussy eater as a girlfriend, because every time he wants to bring me to some fancy restaurant, he needs to do his research first! As for Chicago Rib House, it's easy because pork burger is my new found love! <3
There have been raving reviews about the pork burgers and pork ribs in CRH, and every time I passed by CRH in 1 Utama, I always get a whiff of heaven that makes my stomach growling!

Ever since Daryl lets out that he's bringing me to CRH (he can't really plan for surprises..lol), I have been so excited! 




Outfit of the day: Blue Maxi Dress from Mirrorcle, Fahrenheit 88 
Accessories: Charm bracelet from Mirumiru.my
Bag: Agnes b. (A Christmas present from my brother)
Shoes: Wedges (Bought from Bandung --> wearing it for the first time..lol)


*Since I am not a rich girl, so my wardrobe doesn't have any expensive brands (unless it's a gift). So now I can only update you gals on where to get cheap yet fashionable clothes! 




The birthday girl - Me! 

The only time where Daryl gives in to me and lets me take as many pictures as I want. Lol

Not with the cute piglets deco again!
Sorry, piggies!

Eye-catching deco! 

Creative menu - looks like a newsletter!

Check out the interesting "Pork For Thought!"

They actually have a Mojito Bar and are quite famous for their varied mojito drinks. However, not really the mood for any alcohol so I stick to a mocktail instead!

Beach Fiesta RM 12.90
(Orange & Cranberry Juice)

Seriously, who comes to a restaurant and ordered a Ice Lemon Tea? But the glass is really big so I guessed it's still worth it.

Ice Lemon Tea RM 6.90

Famous Pork Ribs with Bourbon sauce
Sides: Mashed Potatoes and Vegetables
Half Rack: RM38.90
Their pork ribs are really superb! I thought that I wouldn't like the bourbon sauce but I love the whole combination! And the mash potatoes? Divine! Probably the best mash potatoes that I had ever tasted, with the potatoes skins hidden inside and a clove of garlic! The vegetables tasted kinda weird for me though, slightly overcooked and no taste. They do have other sauces as well, for example: Original, Honey Garlic and Black Pepper (Half Rack: RM32.90/Full Rack: RM55.90) and Flaming Kansas City (Half Rack RM38.90/Full Rack: RM59.90). We actually wanted to try Flaming Kansas City sauce as the whole pork ribs will fired-up (literally) but Daryl order wrongly thinking that it's the bourbon sauce. But no regrets here! 

Hickory BBQ Bacon Burger
(Sides: French Fries)
The presentation is quite unique as there's a knife which is stabbed through the burger with two cute onion rings dangling. As usual, I requested to have the cheese removed, so for the cheese lovers out there, don't fret as it comes with cheese! I had never tried onion rings before because I don't really fancy onions, but it's surprisingly nice!

For me, I think that the pork patty is nice but perhaps not juicy enough. But the sauce is really nice and matches well with the pork patty! Yummy!

The customer service in CRH is exceptional. Smiling all the way, asking whether our food are okay, explaining to us patiently so kudos for that! There's even complimentary warm wet wipes and mentos! Deserved to be tipped! 


Even though we want to order desserts but we are really too full! So the awesome brownies and ice cream have to be put on hold! Overall, I had a really lovely evening in Chicago Rib House and I am predicting a second visit real soon! 


Check out more information at their Facebook page!
Chicago Rib House
One Utama Shopping Center (Beside La Senza)
03-7727 3210

No comments:

Post a Comment