If you all had read about my Penang & Ipoh makan trip, you would have known that I have mentioned my best experience in Penang, which unexpectedly turns out to be a hotel for flashpackers: Ryokan Chic Hostel.
We were so tired and sweaty of waiting and queuing under the sun for all those famous Penang food, and luckily Jamie had recommended Ryokan Chic Hostel for a nice cold shower! To be honest, I was expecting it to be dark and shoddy so I was really dreading to shower in a hostel no matter how uncomfortable I might be! It turns out that they really provide me a great experience and also a change of mind and attitudes towards backpackers/flashpackers' hostel!
Located at Muntri Street, Georgetown Penang, which is strategic as I was told by my friend that it's walking distance to some famous food stalls and not to mentioned great location for the party animals! According to their website, their concept is actually a mixture of the Japanese and the modern day features of a boutique hotel! I also just found out that there's actually a difference between a backpacker and a flashpacker as well! The easiest and the most understandable definition of a flashpacker is one who tries to get the best for the cheapest. Sounds a lot like me huh? Lol
As I packed almost everything except my towel (=.=), I had to rent one of their towels for RM3. No weird stains or foul smell so definitely worth the price!
As I wasn't expecting myself to write about Ryokan Chic Hostel, so I didn't get much pictures on their room facilities. Basically it's like a dorm room and you pay the price per bed. The bathrooms are shared but not to worry, as they are cleaner and nicer than those bathrooms in a 3 or 4 stars hotel! Even their showel gel and bath gel has a nice scent and it's not drying my hair out like normal hotel's complimentary shampoo!
4- beds dorm (Photo courtesy from the website)
6- beds dorm (Photo courtesy from the website)
4 beds dorm for the ladies! I love the diva design of the room!
(Photo courtesy from the website)
(Photo courtesy from the website)
The shared bathroom - according to sue fin, even their bathroom are made from the finest/highest quality material! (Photo courtesy from agoda.com)
If you are not used to sharing bedrooms with strangers, you could have the luxury suites all by yourself too! It's catered for 2 people and you will have your own private bathroom!
(Photo courtesy of the website)
(Photo courtesy of the website)
After a nice cool shower!
According to the friendly guy we talked to, the lights are custom made and designed to shine at each of the paintings! How cool is that!
The entertainment system with the best sound system! There are also live bands performing from time to time! You could even plan a small event here!
Guess what? There's the Ipads for those tech savvy travelers who just cant live without the internet!
Love the beanbag designs and looking at those cute beanbags, I can't wait to just plopped down on them!
(Love this shot as my legs look so long and thin! Lol)
(Love this shot as my legs look so long and thin! Lol)
You must be wondering about the price of the dorms so here it is! Reasonable and affordable but definitely worth every bit of the price! The price came with breakfast as well!
The freshen-up marketing team!
Ryokan Chic Hostels is definitely worth a visit and it would be my first choice to stay if I am going back to Penang again! If you are planning to come over to PJ instead of Penang, fret not, they also have a branch in Damansara Utama! Oh ya, one thing I did mentioned to ask is that the boss of Ryokan Chic Hostels is single and available! We actually asked for Susan but single ladies out there can grab your chances too! Lol.
Au revoir! <3





I wish to go again with you guys but without my best fren = Mr.Diarrhea T-T
ReplyDeleteSurprised to get my comment?
Because I love you la...la...la...la...
We are smurf!!!