Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Merry Guinness to all of you!

Can you hear the jingles already? Christmas is coming soon and although I don't celebrate Christmas, but who say you can't join in the merry festive as well!


My first ever Christmas Party: Merry Guinness Launch 2011 by none other than Guinness Malaysia

I am actually attending this as a contest winner. The contest is simple as all you had to do is just send in a picture of food which you think suits Guinness best, with a slogan. I sent a picture of fresh oysters (which was taken by JJ when we had our first reunion dinner at Tenji) and this is my slogan: " Savour in the indescribable sensation of the wet kiss from the sea paired with the velvety Irish black." Spent half an hour doing some research on the Internet to come out with that slogan! So you can understand my excitement when I got the email from Guinness that I was invited to the Merry Guinness Launch Party! 

" I am pleased to inform you that you have been chosen as one of our lucky winners to attend the launch of the Merry GUINNESS on Tuesday, 29th November 2011 at Double Hilton! You will be among the first few people in Malaysia to attend this exclusive launch and to taste the special GUINNESS-infused Christmas dishes created by MasterChef Adam Liaw especially for our Merry GUINNESS celebrations."


We are also allowed to bring along a partner for this event as well! My first priority for this kind of events will of course be JJ but since she won the contest as well, thus I invited Daryl. He had never been a fan of the events I used to go but since this is actually quite a formal party and not to mentioned with good food, and he grudgingly agreed to go with me. That is before he found out that MasterChef Adam Liaw is the winner of MasterChef Australia Season 2!

Sorry for the long introduction, and now let's skip to the party shall we?


I already figured out what to wear for the party! I bought this Nichii dress for a company anniversary dinner but never got to wear it, and finally I got the chance to wear it! 


Me and the pretty JJ wearing a leopard printed maxi dress. 



With Tim Chew and the pretty blogger, Bell (JJ's favourite blogger!)     

The famous Irish Black~

Some Christmassy decorations. When we are entering the ballroom, there are carol singers welcoming us with Christmas songs!



Me and Daryl, forced him to wear a formal black shirt and he looked good! 

The famous MasterChef Adam Liaw doing a live cooking demonstration. How cool is that?!
*Photos credited to Guinness Malaysia

Farmhouse chicken with egg terrine with Guinness mustard


Oysters with Guinness cream. 


Graved lax with dill honey mustard. (Voted the best dish by JJ, Kelv and Daryl)

Roast pumpkin soup with julienne smoked duck 



Guinness BBQ wings apple slaw (Totally love this dish)


Guinness butter Roasted Chicken


Open Guinness lamb shank and mushroom pie with champ with watercress salad

 Roast turkey roulade with chestnut stuffing, giblet and cranberry sauce

Crispy squid with chilli Guinness salt


After all the main courses, we have another live demonstrations by the famous bartender, Keith from GAB academy, teaching the correct way of making Guinness infused cocktails!

*photo credited to Guinness Malaysia

Only the bartender can make such a cocktail as there's 2 distinct flavor and colour as well. The cocktails that are served to us are already mixed up.
*photos credited to ChasingFoodDreams

*Photos credited to ChasingFoodDreams

 Sweet Guinness damper with blackberry maple compote


Blackforest pudding with cream cheese frosting


Christmas minced pie


Christmas pudding with vanilla sauce


Guinness and fruit Christmas pudding


O.M.G! We thought that they will only be serving some finger food that's all and we are planning to go for second round at Manhattan Fish Market (Coupon gonna expired soon! This is such a treat for all of us, so many thanks to Guinness and MasterChef Adam Liaw for making this a really Merry Guinness!

If your stomach is rumbling looking at all these pictures (I know I am!), you can always join in the festive season as Guinness will also be hosting 5 Merry Christmas parties at:

- El Meson Spanish Restaurant & Tapas Bar, Bangsar 13th Dec 2011
- Jarrod & Rawlins, AMPWALK, Ampang, 15th Dec 2011
- Garibaldi Italian Restaurant & Bar, Bangsar, 17th Dec 2011
- Market Hall, Bukit Bintang, 21st Dec 2011
- Souled Out, Ampang, 24th Dec 2011

Sounds great? Let me know which party you are crashing, and I might join you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment