Monday, October 17, 2011

Daryl's Birthday Celebration with A Surprise



Finally, this is the day where my worrying and scheming ends. I am finally going to celebrate my darling's birthday! I have been planning the 'activities' and searching nice restaurants to dine all week long while coping with the exams, illness and his pre-birthday celeb birthday with his friends (You can check out the post here)! 


Nevertheless, I had planned out for the whole day starting from breakfast till dinner and why am I working so hard on this? Well, his last birthday with me was an disaster and I wasn't gonna let that happen again! If you are wondering what happened, we went to Delicious for dinner and practically ordered everything which seriously taste bad even the drinks and after that we actually had a quarrel! So I vowed to give him the best birthday ever!

Well, I did not succeeded in carrying out the plan perfectly though. I was going to bring him to Damansara Uptown for his favourite Nasi Lemak at Village Park. But he actually had food poisoning/diarrhea 2 days before his birthday and he cant eat anything spicy! So luckily, I have my back up plan which is dim sum at Jing Xuan (锦选香港特极点心)! And again, because we slept very late the night before and ended up that Daryl Khoo cant wait up before 12! I have a surprise appointment at 2pm for him and we can't be late! In the end, we had dim sum at a place in Taipan for about 20 minutes and off we go!

What's the surprise appointment? I told him that we are going to sing karaoke and I had been practicing really hard so that I can dedicate a song to him. LOL. I still can't believe that he actually bought this lie! I will never ever sing unless I am with JJ and CL or with my previous housemates! 

Well, the surprise is actually a spa massage since he is always complaining about muscle pain! As his birthday is on Sunday so I got a really hard time booking an appointment and when I was about to give up, I found thisspa centre at SS15 - Tanamera Spa.





I took a couple spa package which includes body scrub, mask and traditional massage and it costs me RM300>.<! So yeah, this is his birthday present! He kept asking me about the price until I finally gave in because it's just so freaking annoying! True enough, after he found out the price, he was scolding me even though he PROMISED he will not say anything! But the best part is, he was really surprised and he never figured out that I will bring him for a massage! So I guessed that's one point for me!


* A short review of Tanamera Spa: The website looks really fancy and classy but it's actually located at one of the shoplots in SS15. The interior looks nice and cosy though with the candles and stones on the stairs when you climbed up. The receptionist is really nice and I asked her to help me by not mentioning the price to Daryl at all! The whole treatment was just okay and I was so tired that I fell asleep. The workers should be aware that the walls are not sound proof and we can hear them talking outside really loudly which kinda spoil the ambiance. Overall, it's a nice and awkward experience though.*


After the spa, we went back home to take a rest as CL told me earlier that it would be tiring after a massage which is why I allocated some nap time! Well, we overslept (because he did not set the alarm as I asked him to!) and when we woke up, it's already 7.45pm and I made reservation in Cava, Bangsar at 8.30pm! I got kind of emo that my plan was disrupted once again! Even though he said that we could still make it in time, but I wanted to get ready in my own pace and not just rushing off. In the end we decided to go for crab which is what he wanted for quite some time anyway, it's just that I thought that we should go somewhere classy since it's his birthday! And partly also because I wanted to wear my black long dress which I bought but have no occasion to wear!




Anyway, we went to this restaurant which is apparently famous for crabs. It's called Restaurant Wong Poh and it's located at Bukit Mayang Mas. Their famous dish is actually the Claypot Butter Crab but since I can't eat butter and the waitress said that it will have a 'nice, cheesy taste' so poor Daryl didn't get to eat that. Instead, we ordered Salted Egg Crab, homemade tofu, and also veggie. The food is really really nice, all three of them!


Starters: Papaya slice and peanuts






Homemade fried tofu and Kai Lan




Finally the Salted Egg Crab! The salted egg was so nice till I cant help to lick it off the shells! I even learn how to crack open the pincers, since usually it's my brother who did it for me.


The mess we made after we finished up the satisfying meal! Daryl wanted to order another crab but they were closing soon so he has to leave his crab appetite for another day! It's quite pricey though as the crab itself is already RM52.90 and both the other 2 dishes cost about RM9 each! 



We wanted to go to Cafe Kalamanzoo for their brownies since it's just the opposite street but they were closed! We thought of watching a movie but the TGV Sunway Pyramid was closed at 11pm! So in the end, we went to TGI Friday for desserts and even though they are closing soon, they willingly let us come in as we mentioned that we only want desserts.
The Brownies Obsession were slightly too thick with the chocolate and caramel and I still prefer the Cafe Kalamanzoo's brownies though. I only managed to eat a small portion and most of the ice cream as I was really full! It's about RM17 after tax which is quite expensive>.<!


There weren't much photos as Daryl refuses to take any pictures even though it's his birthday! Oh well, that's me without any make up and I didn't bother dressing up :p


Daryl did say that he has a great time and he really did not expect the surprise at all (I forced him to admit that he was really surprise)! So even though the day did not go exactly as I planned, but at least he had some good time and it was definitely better than last year's birthday! Hope there will be a better next year too, love ya <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment