When I asked him how does he want to celebrate his birthday and what's his birthday wish, I literally have this look (=.=) on my face!
His ideal celebration: Watching ManU versus Liverpool match with his buddies
His birthday wish: Liverpool wins the match OR watch the match live at Anfield
I can't go against his wish, can I? So 1 week before his birthday, I created a FB page and invited all his buddies to join and pretty much just discuss about this. Sadly, I had exam on Friday, my FYP and I fell sick so there's really nothing so great about the birthday plan.
One day before the pre-celebration, I suddenly got this brilliant idea where I can actually skip the football match and still provide a small surprise for him! (I am sorry but it's just so tension watching a Liverpool game with him! >.<) I bluffed Daryl that I had to work on that night and asked Gege & Aun Joo to accompany me to go for dinner outside and after the match is done, we would surprise him with a cake. Luckily, they are more than happy to do that so we can have some girls time!
So on that evening, we went to Sunway Pyramid to kill the time, and while waiting for Aun Joo to come, Gege and I went to Forever 21 and try on some clothes! Typical girls, lol! [I kinda like this long dress actually, and it's like only RM69 but then I already have 2 long dresses which I haven't got the chance to wear yet :'( ]
After Aun Joo came, we figured we should have some dinner first in case we can't make it in time. So after debating a few choices for a really long time, we decided to go to Gardens. The settings is really nice and you feel like you are walking into some fairytale garden!
A pianist serenading us with music while we are eating. (He's really struggling to play well and they really should make him wear a suit! lol)
My "Longan Blast"
Gege ordered French Sandwich (Served with cheese and turkey ham, coated in eggs, served with corn chips) RM19.90
Lastly, my Garden sandwich (Grilled chicken, turkey ham. tomatoes & fried egg on the toast) RM 14.90.
To be honest, the food weren't that great and slightly pricey too. And I am so careless that I forgot to ask them whether they have any cheese or butter in the sandwich. Even though there's no cheese in my sandwich, but my first bite of it made me almost throw up, because the butter is so thick and creamy>.<!
We talked and gossip about our boyfriends until we lost track of the time and all this while I had been sms-ing with Daryl pretending that I had no idea what's going on in John's house.
Our last photo before leaving Gardens and rushing to John's house!
So we rushed to SS15 Tong Kee, RT pastry and CakeSense to search for a birthday cake and we actually browse through all 3 cake shops and finally decided on Tong Kee's cake. On our way back, there's actually fireworks but I cant get any clear picture of it though. When we finally reach John's house, we are already late for half an hour and we start to lit the candles silently outside the house! Finally, I stepped in the house with the cake and everyone start singing the birthday song while Gege and AJ sprayed Daryl with some party foam!
Typical Daryl, he said that he was expecting me all along and he did not really believe that I really went for work! Though he was expecting me to be hiding somewhere in John's house or showed up right after the match, so I guess being late was a good thing after all!
Oh ya, Liverpool drew with ManU at 1-1 which for me, is good enough but Daryl said that Liverpool should have won the game. Guys are never satisfied, do they?
After that, we had a great time playing poker, blackjack and some other card games. It's really true that you will have luck on your birthday, because once the clock strikes 12, Daryl start winning back his money! Lol.
Thanks everyone (John, Keith, Cyii, Ray, Gege and AJ) for making this happen, and even to JJ as I specifically told her not to post anything on FB so that Daryl won't get suspicious! (I know that she's dying to post her cooking pictures :p) I am really glad that Daryl gets to spend time with his buddies as for his actual birthday itself, I have some tricks up my sleeve when I have him for the whole day!
Stay tune for the next blog to find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment