After my trip from Jerejak Island, we went for dinner together and decided on Betty's Midwest Kitchen. I have heard of it for quite some time but never really have any chance to go try it. Betty's is located few doors away form one of my favorite restaurant, Cafe Kalamanzoo. It's lucky that we decided to have early dinner as it seemed that they usually take reservations.
Betty's Midwest Kitchen are focusing more on pork in their food menu so I guess it's normal to have cute pictures of pigs hanging on the wall! But they are so cute till it made me cant bear to eat pork in that place! As Halloween is drawing close, there's already Halloween decorations in the restaurant!
Even though the shop is quite small, but it's vastly decorated.
The food menu of Betty's Midwest Kitchen! Can't wait to order!
Me and Daryl taking a pic. He really have long hands right? Lol.
Our drinks! Kelvin's iced water (???), Daryl's Apple Juice (He said that it's the pure type of apple juice), JJ's Orange Juice and my Root Beer (If I am not wrong, it is from USA!)
We ordered some starters and guess what this is?
"Dog Food"
-Fries drenched in gravy, topped with cheese and oven cooked- RM9
Even though the name is not appetizing at all, JJ assure me that it's really really good and you guys should really try it! Heck, it can even become the main course!
This really small portion and expensive (RM12) of "Pig-in-a-blanket" are made of pork cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon. It's really nice even though it's really costly for 6 pieces of hotdogs but I can't resist bacon!
My main course: Pulled Pork Burger
- Shredded or 'pulled' pork which has been slow roasted and braised in the special sauce-
This is really nice and tasted somehow like those minced pork in a can and I love the sauce! However, as the they use butter on the burger bun so it sort of kills it a little! I love the coleslaw though as it's not with the usual dollop of mayo!
- Shredded or 'pulled' pork which has been slow roasted and braised in the special sauce-
This is really nice and tasted somehow like those minced pork in a can and I love the sauce! However, as the they use butter on the burger bun so it sort of kills it a little! I love the coleslaw though as it's not with the usual dollop of mayo!
Daryl's classic meatloaf
If you are a fan of homemade mash potato, you will definitely love the creamy taste of this! I was expecting the meatloaf to be quite good as well!
If you are a fan of homemade mash potato, you will definitely love the creamy taste of this! I was expecting the meatloaf to be quite good as well!
Kelvin's Pork Chop with Country Gravy.
He described that the gravy is buttery and creamy and the pork chop is juicy!
He described that the gravy is buttery and creamy and the pork chop is juicy!
JJ's Jucy Lucy and it takes around 15-20 minutes just to prepare this burger!
- Hamburger with melted cheese core inside the grilled beef and pork pattie, lettuce, tomato, onion relish served on a basket of fries-
Imagine when you take a bite out of the pattie, and the cheese starting to flow out, you will definitely have cheese-gasm!
- Hamburger with melted cheese core inside the grilled beef and pork pattie, lettuce, tomato, onion relish served on a basket of fries-
Imagine when you take a bite out of the pattie, and the cheese starting to flow out, you will definitely have cheese-gasm!
We were so full after filling our stomach with all the porkie! To me, I think that it's probably not the greatest that I have tasted but I will definitely go back again to try some other dishes on the menu for example Sloppy Joe pork burger since Kelvin highly recommended it!
Do try it out and let me know what you guys think or what other dishes do you recommend?
No comments:
Post a Comment