Many of you might not heard of Pulau Jerejak which is actually a small island located at Penang Island. You have to take a ferry from a jetty near Queensbay and you will reach a land of paradise! I came to know this place when I was still working part time with Pearl Holidays (I help to plan events for primary school kids and we had to do all the embarrassing dances) and I was really awed by the environment there! When I found out that Groupon had this amazing deal for Jerejak Resort and Spa, I cant help it but to buy the deal!

Me and JJ both bought this deal as we planned to go for double date travelling! We had been postponing the trip for quite some time since it's really hard to find a suitable date for the four of us until we decided just to go just before the Deepavali holidays. Thus came the excitement! Even though we are only going for 2 days 1 night, I packed a lot of clothes as I simply cant decide which to bring! I am also extremely excited to wear my newly bought bikini!
Hence came the date where we were finally in the car and on the way to Penang ( I cannot believe it's really happening until we are there!). We started at 5.45am as we wanted to skip the jam but ended up leaving at 7am as we went for breakfast in Asia Cafe as well. It took us 3 hours to get there and when we reach there it was only 10am.
As the hotel can only be checked in at 3pm, so we wandered around Queensbay Mall. Nothing much about the mall though as it's just typical shopping mall like 1 Utama or Sunway Pyramid though it's my first time there.
Taking pics in the toilet till the guys shouted outside the Ladies for us to come out! Lol.
(I am wearing Daryl's shirt!)
Well, after driving all the way to Penang and not having enough sleep the previous night, Daryl wasn't feeling well and he looked like a dead zombie while we were in Queensbay Mall. My heart sank as I knew that this won't be the holiday that I envisioned. I called the reception counter of Jerejak Resort and Spa and they are kind enough to let us check in earlier.
After that, we parked our car at the Jerejak Jetty and wait for our next ferry to go over to jerejak island.
As there's a few of us only, so there's no big ferry but instead, we are sitting on a motor taxi. As Daryl have motion sickness as well, so I can't really take any pictures with him.
The first view of Jerejak Island
The reception counter or the lobby of the resort.
Luckily, we did not encountered any issues during check in as last time. (We had to wait for 2 hours to get the rooms for everyone and it was a major fiasco!)
The room was nice and the beds are really soft! Which probably explains why Daryl slept throughout the whole holiday...
The decors.
Most importantly, the toilet of course! You wouldn't want to stay in a hotel where the toilet is dirty and disgusting right?
Taking a picture of myself! Couldn't remember why I took this picture d, but heck, who needs any reason to camwhore right?! lol
As Daryl wasn't feeling well, he spent all afternoon sleeping and he didn't even realize that the electricity went off for half an hour! Sadly to say that Jerejak resort is not exactly that perfect especially their facilities, especially for this time, JJ's aircon in the room wasn't working and our room's TV only have one channel which is ESPN =.=!
Well, when I am ready to go explore the island with Daryl or just hang around at the pool, showing off my new bikini, . . .it started raining! >.<
To think that I had actually put on sunscreen and my bikini but when I walked out to the pool, it's raining! It was so disappointing!
To think that I had actually put on sunscreen and my bikini but when I walked out to the pool, it's raining! It was so disappointing!
Needless to say, I didn't have any chance to take any photos of the island, so I took it from JJ.(she took hundreds of them!)
This is the beach, I am not sure whether it's a real or a fake beach though, but it's really nice.

This is the place we stayed in, sort of like a bungalow?
And finally, the pool! I did managed to wear my bikini the next morning for a swim after JJ shouted at me through the phone (JJ: ARE YOU HERE TO SLEEP??!!) and I really think that I went deaf for like one second. Daryl wasn't really feeling well so he can't join us and I really think that I should at least get into the pool even if I don't know how to swim!
The two spots at the end of the pool were the 2 lovey-dovey couple. Makes me feel like crying just by looking at them when I am all alone in the pool! :'(
Oh well, we planned to go out to the Penang Island for some good Penang food and of course I must be dressed for that!
Since Daryl felt bad that he slept whole day so he agreed to take photos with me and also a lot of PDA so I guess there's a bright side of this trip!
We took the ferry at 7.30pm and the last ferry back to the resort is 10.30pm. We must be on time for the last ferry, if not we have to pay RM25 each for our transport back to the resort!
This is our only picture that shows 4 of us together!
As for dinner, we went to sort of a place with all the hawker stalls where it's near Sunway hotel. I don't really know what's the name of the place though.
We had Fried Oyster which is a really small portion but the oysters are really big and I like the chili sauce!
We had Fried Oyster which is a really small portion but the oysters are really big and I like the chili sauce!
This is Penang Fried Kuey Kawk (Note: It's not the usual Penang Fried Kuey Teow but it's more like Radish Cake from Melaka)
We also ordered RM5 lo-bak but then again, really really small portion!
There goes our first night! When we reach back to the resort, me and Daryl thought of going for a stroll at the beach but since Kelvin and JJ didn't feel like joining us so we canceled that thought as it's really dark at the beach.
So after hanging around at the pool, I went back to wake Daryl up and start packing our stuff. Check out was at 12pm and we decided to take the ferry back at 12.30pm.
For lunch, we decided to have Nasi Kandar at a place called Line Clear. I don't really understand why but nasi kandar seemed to be one of the famous food in Penang as the last time I went to Penang on my birthday, we went to have nasi kandar as well!
The nasi kandar here is really expensive and they even charged for the papadam! The gravy was really spicy so basically I didn't really eat finish my RM7 rice!
That's basically all for the Jerejak trip! Although this trip is not what I anticipated and I might not plan a trip ever again, but the fact still remains that Jerejak Island is a really nice retreat especially for the couples!



No comments:
Post a Comment