Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Night at Monte's

This year, we celebrated one of my besties(CL)' 23rd birthday with style and elegance! After much considerations, we headed towards Monte's: Restaurant and Wine Bar as it was highly recommended by JJ. Another reason we chose a classy restaurant is because we want the birthday girl to make-up and dressed up! Lol!  Upon arrival at Bangsar Shopping Center, we had a slight problem finding a car park and it's always a wonder to see so many cars parking in BSC but there are so few people walking around in the shopping complex!
Cant resist taking a group picture in the elevator! 

The environment is quite lovely and also somewhat romantic with the garden vines and the view from top.


They have bottles of wines to choose from and some of the certs showed that Monte's have been selected for Best Restaurant before!


The menu design is just simple and I love that quote!





Took some pictures while waiting~
The Love Birds: JJ and Kelv



Me and CL!




Our drinks!
From the top: Monte's Dream (a mixture of pineapple and orange..this was actually recommended by the waiter and I believe it's a good recommendation!)

JJ's Lychee Froze ( ice blended of lychee)

Kelv's Pepsi (normal pepsi with, erm a piece of lime?lol)

CL's Ice chocolate ( It looks so heavenly!)


Complimentary bread and butter by Monte's! The cute little round bread is served warm so its really nice! (No butter for me though!)



After chit-chatting awhile, finally it is time to devour some delicious food! Was starving at that time!

CL's Mushroom Chicken Chop Served with herb rice!
The sauce is thick and creamy and there's also small chunks of mushroom! The rice is a bit oily though.



Kelvin's Fettuccine Carbonara served with chicken and also a creamy sauce!


JJ's Cajun Chicken served with tomato salsa, potato salad and fresh veggie! 



Mine would be the Chicken Maryland which is actually served with french fries, banana fritters, sausage, corn and veggie. The portion is big and adding with all the side dishes made me so full!



Overall, the main courses are delicious and price is reasonable as well(price range from RM20- RM26). So I would say that it's definitely worth the price you are paying for! We didn't order any of the appetizers or starters as we don't want to be too full and partly due to budget constraint as well>.<!
However, JJ recommended the Carrot & Pumpkin soup so do go try that if you have a chance!

What's a birthday without a cake right?
The brownies with vanilla ice cream just look so seductive isn't it?
 However, it's not really the best brownies I had tasted as the texture is not firm enough and it keep falling apart when we had a scoop at it. I would say that the brownies at Cafe Kalamanzoo is by far the best brownies with vanilla ice cream ever!


Artistic shot of the birthday girl! 


The total bill came up to RM165.90 which I think is quite reasonable considering there's 4 of us! 


I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a nice environment, good food and also affordable dining!
You can find out more on their website where they have all the menu and pricing on their website which I find it useful. Seeing that there's a lot of stuff that I don't eat so I could always check whether there's anything suitable for me! I love those restaurant website which shows the price as well so that I could plan my budget(Not a rich girl here>.<)!

More reviews coming up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, i like the round bread, and Cl's ice chocolate, they look nice!!!! :))))), and happy belated birthday to CL.hahahaha

    ReplyDelete